Final Weigh In
Friday 4th May - 4/5pm and Ponsonby Rugby Club - All U8-U13 players must be weighed.
Junior Registration 2018
Junior online registrations for 2018 are now closed. If you wish to register please contact your age group Grade Coordinator below and they will advise if we have room in a team for you.
- U6/U7 - Paul Flatt - Paul.Flatt@ironmountain.com
- U8 - Carly Puletiuatoa - Carly.Puletiuatoa@airnz.co.nz
- U9/U10 - Geoff Buchanan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- U11/U12/U13 - Chris Allen - email@example.com
Team training days and time will be advised by your coach once you have been allocated a team.
2018 Season will start on Sat 5 May 2018.
Games are played on Saturday mornings with U6/U7 Rippa grade kicking of at 8:30am or 9:15am. U8, U9, U10 games kick off from approx. 9:15 through to 10:30 with U11, U12, U13 starting from approx. 11:30 onwards. Coaches will want their teams to be at the game for a warm up between 30-60 minutes prior to the game depending on their grade.
Junior Muster/Weigh In
It is an ARU requirement that all Junior players must be weighed. All players will be weighed on the Muster Day.
Club weigh in have been completed for the season. If you still need to be weighed then please contact your coach or Grade Coordinator.
Junior Coach Development/Preseason Training
The Club will be holding Junior Coaching development and pre-season training sessions as follows - all Junior players and coaches welcome.
Player & Coach Development - Under 8's only
- Friday 4th May: 'Tackle Box' 5pm - Western Springs Stadium - A compulsory session run by Auckland Rugby to ensure that coaches are teaching safe practise. After the Tackle Box is completed, each team will play a proper game.
U6's & new to Rippa *****CANCELLED*****
- Thursday 3rd May: 4.45–5.45pm – Field night - Western Springs Stadium - Kick off the season with games organised against other Ponsonby teams played under the lights inside the stadium!
The club bar and bistro will be open on all coach/player development nights.
Info on formats and rules for each junior grade.
2018 Grade Changes
The chart below details the 2018 grade changes.
For further details visit Auckland Rugby
1 Player - $90
2 Players - $135
3+ Players - $165
Note: Players must be siblings for multiple child fees. When using the on line payment facility you are able to pay for all siblings in one transaction. However a separate form will need to be filled in for each child.
For further Junior Club information, please contact