Season Dates and Info:
- 2016 season is from 7th May - 27th August.
- There will be no games on 4th June(Queens Birthday) and 16th July(middle weekend of school holidays)
- The Draw can be obtained at www.draws.nzrugby.co.nz. Please CHECK EACH WEEK as it can change.
- To find out if games are cancelled please call the ARU cancellation line - 09 815 4828. We ask that you do not contact Sandra or the club - all cancellation details can be found by ringing this number.
- Friday Night Footy - this will start this week(6th May). Coaches will be advised if their team is playing. FNF cancellations will be made by 2pm and coaches will be contacted.
Player of the Month(POM):
- POMs will be held each month from May to August. Dates and times TBA.
- These are a great social occasion for parents and players. Come out and support the club and your team. There will be face painters, balloon twisters and bouncy castles(weather permitting).
- Tickets will be distributed to all teams this week. Please support as this is the major fundraiser for the year for the Junior Club and teams.
- Each team will get half of the proceeds of the tickets they sell and the club get the other half. The more tickets you sell the more money your team will get. This is a great WIN-WIN for everyone.
- Very special thanks to helloworld, NSG Sports, Kohler NZ, Sky City, Thread Design, Snapper Rock, 3 Wise Men, 1Above, Q Wine and Deco Eatery for donating prizes for this years raffle.
U6 Rippa Grade
- Ponsonby City and Eden teams will have their own draw for U6 Rippa Grade ie all U6 games will be between Ponsonby and Eden. This is due to the number of teams the two clubs have in this grade.
- All games will be held on Thursday and Friday evenings this season and the draw will be out with in the next couple of days.
- Games will be held either on Stadium field, the TAN, or Eden Rugby club.
- Ponsonby Kelston U6 teams will continue to play against Suburbs, Waitakere and Waitemata teams.
U8 Rippa Grade
- Unfortunately this grade is not going ahead as there is not enough interest. We are still very keen to promote the game to those new to the game and female players especially for the U8 and U9 age group. We would welcome any feedback or ideas for targeting this format.
- Any teams interested in U8 Rippa will be allowed to play in the U7 competition. All clubs are to be informed of this.
Tackle Box - U8 Grade Only
- All U8 teams need to attend a Tackle Box session. These are designed to assess the coaches and players to ensure that safe tackling techniques are being taught.
- Coaches - the Tackle Box Drills are in your coaching resource handbook.
- U8 Restricted - Sat 7th May at Marist RFC, Dunkirk Road - Times TBC
- U8 Capped - Sat 14th May at Marist RFC, Dunkirk Road - Times TBC
Auckland Rugby Weight Sign Off
- The ARU are going to conduct weigh in sign off sessions with all clubs.
- This will be done at the club and once the date and timings are confirmed all Coaches and Managers will let their teams know.
Small Blacks Session - THIS IS COMPLUSARY FOR ALL JUNIOR COACHES
- If you are a U6-U7 or U11-U13 coach and have not attended one of these courses in 2016 then please ensure to attend one of the following Mop Up sessions. Please let Sandra know what session you are attending.
- MopUp 1 - Monday 9th May, Suburbs RFC, 6pm for U6 and U7 only
- Mop Up 2 - Monday 16th May, Eden Park, 6pm for U11-U13 and 7pm for U6-U7
- Mop Up 3 - Wednesday 18th May, Eden Park, 6pm for U11-U13 and 7pm for U6-U7
- These are great way to get parents involved in the game and these sessions will give you all the info needed.
- Next session is Thursday 5th May, Eden Park(Entry A) at 6pm
- The TAN has been refurbished this year with a new artificial turf and is available for all junior teams to use. More than one team can train at a time and no one team has preference.
- There is no booking system however please let Sandra know the date and time you intend to use the TAN.
Have a great season!